If you’re like us, when Beyoncé revealed her Ivy Park line of athleticwear you caught yourself drooling and wondering how she does it. Teach us your ways, glamorous sensei! But clothing line and perfect curves aside, Beyoncé’s beauty looks also have the power to brings us to our knees.
In a recent interview with Brydie, Queen Bey’s makeup artist, Sir John, dished on a few tried-and-true skin and beauty hacks that keep the superstar looking flawless. There are definitely some tips will surprise you and other will simply serve as proof that Sir John is the MacGyver of the beauty world. Wait until you hear his genius tip using Rogaine!
1. Use your contour stick as a lipstick
As the ’90s lip trend makes a comeback, brown lipstick is in demand more than ever. However, girls everywhere know that finding the perfect “nude” lip is tricky. Sir John recommends that you multi-purpose your contour shade (or foundation) and apply it to your lips for your perfect shade. Personally, I love Kat Von D’s Lock-It Color Correcting Eyeshadow Primer in Deep ($25, at sephora.com) as a CC and a lippie.
2. Add honey to your skincare
Honey is a natural antibacterial and it’s packed with skin-conditioning ingredients that soothe, moisturize and revive dull and irritated skin. Sir John likes to use a mixture of honey and brown sugar as an exfoliant to soften chapped lips, as well as rough skin on elbows and knees. We love this Manuka Doctor 24+ Bio Active Manuka Honey ($16.50, at manukadoctor.com)
3. Use Rogaine to thicken sparse brows
Yes, you read that correctly. Got a botched brow job? According to Sir John, Rogaine foam helps to grow back your brows in a as little as four weeks. Wow! Rogaine Unscented Foam (@29.99, at rogaine.com)
4. DIY your blotting papers
Blotting papers cost an average of $12 a pack—even more if you decide to get fancy. Swap out your blotting paper for cigarette rolling papers instead. Or you can just use a tiny square from a toilet seat cover—it works just as well, and it’s half the price or free (thank you, public restrooms!) They end up in the trash anyway, right?
5. Try soaking in milk
Cleopatra was famous for her milk baths, and Sir John swears by them too. Adding powdered milk to a warm bath will soothe and condition your skin, making it baby soft. For the ultimate skin treatment, the famed makeup artist likes to “mix the powdered milk with water to form a paste-like substanse, press [it] into skin, leave on until dry and then rinse it off.” We adore Hoosier Hil Fram Premium Whole Powdered Milk ($14.09, at walmart.com).
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve