Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders is speaking at the Vatican Friday, praising Pope Francis and denouncing income inequality.
The Democratic presidential candidate, who is Jewish, announced last week that he would attend a conference on income inequality at the Vatican just days before the high-stakes New York primary.
Here is a transcript of his prepared remarks.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement