“Blake is absolutely thrilled and so is Ryan,” the source tells PEOPLE. A rep for both actors had no comment.
A second source close to the actress says she may make her red carpet baby-bump debut at the upcoming Met Gala on May 2.
Lively first sparked rumors of a possible pregnancy when she was photographed reshooting scenes for her upcoming film The Shallows. Dressed in a wetsuit, the mom-to-be did her best to keep her baby bump hidden behind a robe and a surfboard.
But both Lively, 28, and the Deadpool star, 39, have been open about their desire to have a big family. “I do want to just enjoy this moment,” the former Gossip Girl star told PEOPLE shortly after welcoming her baby girl.
“But I also feel like my first child is going to be the oldest sibling to the next kid, and that may change with each and every year. I’m looking forward to how one baby influences the other, and to my family as a whole, to every single chapter.”
Although the new mom told PEOPLE she didn’t feel like the birth of her firstborn was a “massive change,” Reynolds joked the sheer exhaustion from life with a newborn took some time to get used to.
“Our baby, in particular, is, we think, allergic to sleep,” he joked in March 2015.
Despite the sleepless nights, Reynolds, the youngest of four boys, couldn’t be happier to finally be the dad of a daughter.
“Having a daughter was a dream come true for me,” he told PEOPLE in February. “I never admitted it out loud, to myself or my wife, but I really wanted a little girl.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer