And baby makes four!
“Our little baby boy has arrived!!Remington Alexander Blackstock was born 4/12/16 & he is healthy & we couldn’t be happier or more in love!” Clarkson, 33, wrote.
The singer stopped midway through her song “Piece By Piece” to tell the crowd: “I was not planning on announcing this but … I’m totally pregnant.”
But her most powerful performance during her pregnancy came when she took the stage during American Idol’s finale season to perform her hit “Piece by Piece,” a song about her husband’s great parenting and the absence of her own father during her childhood.
“[Brandon] was [at Idol], my little girl was there, my little boy was turning circles in my stomach. It was nostalgic,” she said. “It was the last time I was gonna be on Idol and it’s ending. I was screwed from the get-go.”
She joked, “Emotionally, I was on a slip and slide from hell.”
During her pregnancy, Clarkson spoke about how her morning sickness wasjust as bad the second time around.
“I’m familiar with all-day sickness,” she told Gayle King on CBS This Morningin November. “I have to get IVs and fluids because I get so dehydrated. It’s really bad.”
But the chance to “pop out magical unicorns” like River Rose, Clarkson said, makes the whole struggle worth it.
Clarkson and Blackstock, a Nashville-based talent manager, got engaged in 2012 and tied the knot in October 2013. Blackstock also has two children, Savannah and Seth, from a previous marriage.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List