He’s more scorpion than man.
Jonathan Quick, goalie for the NHL’s Los Angeles Kings, just pulled out the most mind-blowing save of the season. The Kings haven’t scored much this season, but thanks to Quick, they haven’t been scored against much, either.
Belly on the ice after following a pass across the posts, the appropriately named Quick played the predator as Blake Wheeler of the Winnipeg Jets fired a rapid shot toward the net. Lifting his right leg into the air like a stinger, Quick deflected the puck back out into play, with nary a sidewards glance.
It must be seen to be believed.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com