The popstar’s single ‘Work’, featuring Drake, has now held on to the top spot of the Billboard Hot 100 for its eight consecutive week.
With her latest hit, Rihanna has equalled The Beatles’, who held the top spot for 59 weeks in total during the course of their career. The current record-holder for the most time spent at No. 1 is Mariah Carey, with 79 weeks.
As it stands, the list of acts is as follows:
79 weeks, Mariah Carey
59 weeks, Rihanna
59 weeks, The Beatles
50 weeks, Boyz II Men
47 weeks, Usher
Rihanna is also well on her way to breaking another chart record. ‘Work’ is her 14th chart-topper, placing the singer at third place in the leaderboard of artists with the most No. 1s, just above Michael Jackson.
The Beatles currently lead with 20 No. 1s, followed by Mariah Carey with 18.
Rihanna recently kicked off her ANTI world tour with The Weeknd announcing that he will no longer support her on the dates.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State