The popstar’s single ‘Work’, featuring Drake, has now held on to the top spot of the Billboard Hot 100 for its eight consecutive week.
With her latest hit, Rihanna has equalled The Beatles’, who held the top spot for 59 weeks in total during the course of their career. The current record-holder for the most time spent at No. 1 is Mariah Carey, with 79 weeks.
As it stands, the list of acts is as follows:
79 weeks, Mariah Carey
59 weeks, Rihanna
59 weeks, The Beatles
50 weeks, Boyz II Men
47 weeks, Usher
Rihanna is also well on her way to breaking another chart record. ‘Work’ is her 14th chart-topper, placing the singer at third place in the leaderboard of artists with the most No. 1s, just above Michael Jackson.
The Beatles currently lead with 20 No. 1s, followed by Mariah Carey with 18.
Rihanna recently kicked off her ANTI world tour with The Weeknd announcing that he will no longer support her on the dates.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022