An Ohio couple faces charges of rape, sexual battery and charges related to child pornography after a woman allegedly used Periscope to live-stream her boyfriend sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl.
The incident took place Feb. 27, when someone who knows the woman saw the live-stream and contacted authorities. Marina Lonina, 18, and Raymond Gates, 29, were allegedly socializing with the minor when Gates began forcing her to have sex with him, the Columbia Dispatch reports.
Prosecutor Ron O’Brien said the couple and the teen were under the influence of alcohol when the assault occurred. Lonina is also charged for taking nude photos of the 17-year-old the day before the assault.
Gates and Lonina could receive a sentence of over 40 years in prison.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement