GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES
On average, subjects interpreted Apple’s icon as significantly more negative than Google’s.
PERSON RAISING BOTH HANDS IN CELEBRATION
Subjects said Microsoft’s icon looked more “exciting,” while LG’s looked more like “praise hands.”
Descriptions for Google’s version emphasized “sleepy,” whereas Microsoft’s looked “sad” or “down.”
This appears in the April 25, 2016 issue of TIME.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working