Ben Affleck is working on a standalone Batman movie, possibly as a director, Warner Bros. chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara said Tuesday.
Affleck, who portrayed the Dark Knight in this year’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, will have an integral behind-the-scenes role in producing the film, which is part of Warner Bros.’ plans for an expanded DC Comics cinematic universe, Entertainment Weekly reports. Tsujihara said Affleck is one of the “filmmakers” involved in future DC-universe projects along with James Wan, director of Aquaman, but did not specify that the actor is writing and directing it.
Rumors of Affleck’s involvement in a solo Batman movie had been bandied about previously. Tsujihara confirmed the news Tuesday in Las Vegas at CinemaCon, an annual gathering of movie-theater owners from around the world.
Affleck’s agency last month told the Hollywood Reporter that the actor had written a script that is a “really cool idea” for Batman.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time