If you’ve ever dreamed of driving on Mario Kart’s Rainbow Road, all you have to do is buy a Tesla.
A recently discovered Easter egg transforms the dull gray road shown on a Tesla’s instrument cluster into a colorful path that resembles the notoriously difficult Mario Kart level. A cowbell tune also plays in the background while this mode is turned on.
To activate the hidden feature, Tesla owners need to activate their cars’ autopilot four times in quick succession, as Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted on April 11.
Tesla owners need the latest software update in order to trigger this transformation, which Musk referred to in his tweet as “psychedelic cowbell road.” He also hinted that more hidden updates could be coming, tweeting “And, yes, we are adding more cowbell soon.”
This isn’t the first time Tesla has buried amusing Easter eggs in its products. Last year, Tesla owners discovered a James Bond-themed reference tucked away in the Model S.
Check out the video above to see what the Rainbow Road trick looks like.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart