Chris Evans discussed why he was reluctant to be Captain America last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
The actor intitally blamed his aversion to taking the Marvel role to his “social anxiety” with the movie industry and having to be tied to a giant “nine-picture contract.”
In the end, Evans realised it was fear holding him back and the rest is history.
Watch the full interview above.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms