The world — or at least the millions-deep army of folks who watch Dancing With the Stars — is currently obsessed with Nyle DiMarco, the 26-year-old deaf model who’s occupying the spotlight on the show’s 22nd season.
And he didn’t disappoint Monday night, when he appeared shirtless and performed a backflip in a tribute to Disney’s Tarzan.
“The lord of the jungle is now the lord of the dance. You are perfectly undressed for the occasion, and one thing is for sure, we won the Emmy for best supporting loin cloth,” judge Bruno Tonioli, who three weeks ago called DiMarco “America’s next top dancer,” said following his performance, reports People.
DiMarco and his pro dancing partner Peta Murgatroyd performed a samba, which earned them 34 points out of 40 from the judges.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now