The world — or at least the millions-deep army of folks who watch Dancing With the Stars — is currently obsessed with Nyle DiMarco, the 26-year-old deaf model who’s occupying the spotlight on the show’s 22nd season.
And he didn’t disappoint Monday night, when he appeared shirtless and performed a backflip in a tribute to Disney’s Tarzan.
“The lord of the jungle is now the lord of the dance. You are perfectly undressed for the occasion, and one thing is for sure, we won the Emmy for best supporting loin cloth,” judge Bruno Tonioli, who three weeks ago called DiMarco “America’s next top dancer,” said following his performance, reports People.
DiMarco and his pro dancing partner Peta Murgatroyd performed a samba, which earned them 34 points out of 40 from the judges.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart