More than half of British Muslims think homosexuality should be illegal in the U.K., a new survey found.
In general, the views of British Muslims aligned with the views of Britain’s population as a whole, according to a survey by public researcher ICM for a Channel 4 documentary called What British Muslims Really Think that will air on Wednesday. But when asked how they felt about homosexuality being legal in Britain, 52% disagreed and 18% agreed, the Guardian reports.
In contrast, 5% of Britain’s population at large disagreed with homosexuality being legal, the survey found.
The poll also found that 86% of British Muslims feel a strong sense of belonging in the country, while 83% of the entire population feels the same.
ICM conducted the poll with 1,000 face-to-face interviews across the U.K. over a month last year. The group held a control sample of 1,008 people across the country interviewed over the phone.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time