1. Uncle Sam wants you — to hack the Pentagon.
By Christopher Lynch in TechCrunch
2. Bad cops often stay on the street. Here’s a plan to end that problem.
By Sarah Childress at Frontline
3. Should Harvard use its $36 billion endowment to make tuition free?
By the Economist
4. Could we modify genes to make them disease-proof?
By Antonio Regalado in MIT Technology Review
5. To harvest power on rainy days, these solar panels convert vibrations from rainfall to energy.
By Aaron Turpen in Gizmag
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases