Harry Potter fans have a lot to look forward to these days: The play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will premiere on London’s West End July 30, and the prequel film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, set in New York City in the 1920s, is slated for release on Nov. 18. The movie’s first trailer introduced Eddie Redmayne as magizoologist Newt Scamander, whose textbook a young Harry Potter would study at Hogwarts many decades later.
To introduce the newest trailer at Sunday night’s MTV Movie Awards, Redmayne emerged from a suitcase—or at least, some cleverly placed cameras would have us believing he did. The footage shows a nervous Scamander being processed at immigration with a suitcase full of, well, fantastic beasts. It also offers a better look at some of said beasts, all of which look like more majestic versions of actual animals, and all of which are sure to cause a world of trouble for their keeper.
Fantastic Beasts’ cast is rounded out by Katherine Waterston, Alison Sudol, Samantha Morton, Colin Farrell, Ezra Miller and Jon Voight.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022