Donald Trump’s new convention manager on Sunday accused Ted Cruz’s campaign of using “Gestapo tactics” in the race to secure delegates.
Paul Manafort, a veteran strategist who the Republican presidential frontrunner recently hired to lead efforts to gather delegates, compared Cruz’s campaign tactics to those of Nazi Germany’s secret police during his first Sunday show interview since joining Trump’s team.
“He’s threatening,” Manafort said about Cruz on NBC’s Meet the Press. “You go to these county conventions, and you see the tactics, Gestapo tactics, the scorched-earth tactics.” “We’re going to be filing several protests because reality is, you know, they are not playing by the rules,” he added.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List