Donald Trump’s new convention manager on Sunday accused Ted Cruz’s campaign of using “Gestapo tactics” in the race to secure delegates.
Paul Manafort, a veteran strategist who the Republican presidential frontrunner recently hired to lead efforts to gather delegates, compared Cruz’s campaign tactics to those of Nazi Germany’s secret police during his first Sunday show interview since joining Trump’s team.
“He’s threatening,” Manafort said about Cruz on NBC’s Meet the Press. “You go to these county conventions, and you see the tactics, Gestapo tactics, the scorched-earth tactics.” “We’re going to be filing several protests because reality is, you know, they are not playing by the rules,” he added.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow