The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge tried their luck at the sport, which is popular in India, with help from cricket star Sachin Tendulkar, in a Mumbai park before a crowd of cheering onlookers, CNN reports.
The royal couple will be in India for a week. Earlier in the day, they visited Mumbai’s Taj Mahal Palace hotel, where 31 people were killed in the 2008 terrorist attacks, according to the Associated Press. They will end their first evening in India at a charity ball with Bollywood celebrities and prominent business leaders, the AP reports.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve