Saturday Night Live spoofed Hillary Clinton’s recent troubles trying to enter a New York City subway in a sketch that also poked fun at the Democratic presidential candidate and former New York senator’s attempts to win over the state’s voters amid a losing streak.
Clinton, portrayed by SNL’s Kate McKinnon, tells viewers that her favorite part of the Big Apple is its subway system before it cuts to a clip of McKinnon failing to swipe through a turnstile. It took Clinton at least four swipes with her MetroCard to pass through during her visit in the Bronx on Friday.
“The New York City subway is the best way to get around,” McKinnon says while walking toward the turnstile. After multiple swipes, she attempts to jump the turnstile before conceding. “I’ll just take a cab,” McKinnon says.
SNL’s Clinton also throws on a brand-new two-sided Mets and Yankees cap and pretends to eat a hot dog in the show’s cold open Saturday. “Ah, God, I love those New York Meets,” McKinnon says, mispronouncing the name of the Mets baseball team.
“See, New Yorkers. I’m just like all of you. I never sleep. I’m in a hurry to get to work and when I’m running, I really hate it when a slow old Jew gets in my way,” McKinnon says in an apparent jab at rival Bernie Sanders.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive