When LeBron James isn’t playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers, he’s apparently learning to make pizza as Ron, a standout new fast-food employee with an exceptional height advantage.
The basketball star surprised customers at a Pasadena, Calif., location of Blaze Pizza last month. In a video released Friday by the chain, James carries pizza boxes and helps customers choose sauces, drawing looks from patrons who knew he looked familiar.
“It’s the first day on the job,” James says, in character. “I’m learning, I’m shadowing—really tall shadow.”
One customer tells him he looks like Miami Heat player Dwyane Wade, James’s friend and former teammate.
“I get that a lot,” James says. “I’ve heard of that guy, too.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time