When LeBron James isn’t playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers, he’s apparently learning to make pizza as Ron, a standout new fast-food employee with an exceptional height advantage.
The basketball star surprised customers at a Pasadena, Calif., location of Blaze Pizza last month. In a video released Friday by the chain, James carries pizza boxes and helps customers choose sauces, drawing looks from patrons who knew he looked familiar.
“It’s the first day on the job,” James says, in character. “I’m learning, I’m shadowing—really tall shadow.”
One customer tells him he looks like Miami Heat player Dwyane Wade, James’s friend and former teammate.
“I get that a lot,” James says. “I’ve heard of that guy, too.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating