1. Doctors should be trained to talk costs — not just care — with patients.
By Shefali Luthra in Kaiser Health News
2. The U.S. military should prepare for battle — in megacities.
By Chad Serena and Colin Clarke at Reuters
3. Here’s how drones could transform scientific research.
By Elizabeth Basha in the Conversation
4. It’s easy to fix the Washington D.C. Metro system. Make D.C. a state.
By Ryan Cooper in the Week
5. Put more women in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
By Courtney E. Smith in Lenny
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction