Trent Harmon, a 25-year-old waiter from Mississippi, won American Idol in the momentous show’s series finale on Thursday night.
He beat out La’Porsha Renae in the second part of American Idol two-part finale, which marks the end of the show’s fifteen-season run.
Harmon debuted the original track — now his coronation single — “Falling” on the first installment on Wednesday night.
He is the last winner of a pop culture phenomenon that produced some of the larger names in pop music, including Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time