Trent Harmon, a 25-year-old waiter from Mississippi, won American Idol in the momentous show’s series finale on Thursday night.
He beat out La’Porsha Renae in the second part of American Idol two-part finale, which marks the end of the show’s fifteen-season run.
Harmon debuted the original track — now his coronation single — “Falling” on the first installment on Wednesday night.
He is the last winner of a pop culture phenomenon that produced some of the larger names in pop music, including Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive