By Olivia B. Waxman
April 7, 2016

A revolting photo shows two snakes that got electrocuted as one bit the other inside a home electrical box.

Workers for the electrical services department in Morganton, N.C., found the reptiles when they went to turn off power at a house that was scheduled to be demolished, according to a post on the Facebook page for the city government: “One snake slithered across two hot terminals and was electrocuted; The second snake was biting the first and received the jolt as well.”

So far, the image has been shared more than 9,500 times and has received more than 1,700 hisssterical comments.

City of Morganton, NC Government

 

Write to Olivia B. Waxman at olivia.waxman@time.com.

SPONSORED FINANCIAL CONTENT

Read More From TIME

EDIT POST