Jennifer Lopez is the mother of two young children, so between them and her approximately three billion jobs—she’s juggling American Idol, Shades of Blue and a Las Vegas residency—she doesn’t have time for any man-child behavior in her romantic life. On her new single, “Ain’t Your Mama,” Lopez lays down the rules: she’s not going to cook or do your laundry because she answers to nobody but herself. She will, presumably, have to answer why she picked a lead single produced by Dr. Luke, whom Kesha has accused of sexual assault in a very public legal battle that’s had everyone from Adele to Lady Gaga weighing in. (He has denied all the allegations.) But lest you think the song is lacking in any girl power spirit, just listen closely to the chorus to hear some extra vocals from J. Lo superfan and new labelmate Meghan Trainor.
Listen to “Ain’t Your Mama” here, and look out for Lopez’s live debut of the song during American Idol.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement