Retired U.S. soccer star Abby Wambach said Tuesday that she would eventually provide the “truth” behind her drunk driving arrest.
The two-time Olympic gold medalist and World Cup champion was arrested early Sunday morning in Portland and was charged with driving under the influence of intoxicants. Her lawyer entered a plea of not guilty on her behalf Tuesday in Multnomah County Circuit Court, according to USA Today.
Wambach did not comment on the specifics of the case, she told reporters after giving a speech at the University of Kentucky, saying she would open about the details later.
“I will at some point completely be transparent and the truth will come out, so trust me on that,” she said. “I hope I’m good for my word on that.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time