Instagram, as it turns out, is for the dogs.
That’s the takeaway from a fascinating story in The Wall Street Journal published Wednesday, which profiles an upstart talent agency for pooches popular on social media.
Brands like Purina and others will pay dogs’ owners top dollar for posting a snap of their shiba with a new type of treat, for example. Just how good is the money? “Industrious dogs with 150,000 to 250,000 Instagram followers can fetch more than $3,000 for a post,” writes the Journal.
For more, head over to The Wall Street Journal.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow