Instagram, as it turns out, is for the dogs.
That’s the takeaway from a fascinating story in The Wall Street Journal published Wednesday, which profiles an upstart talent agency for pooches popular on social media.
Brands like Purina and others will pay dogs’ owners top dollar for posting a snap of their shiba with a new type of treat, for example. Just how good is the money? “Industrious dogs with 150,000 to 250,000 Instagram followers can fetch more than $3,000 for a post,” writes the Journal.
For more, head over to The Wall Street Journal.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This