Instagram, as it turns out, is for the dogs.
That’s the takeaway from a fascinating story in The Wall Street Journal published Wednesday, which profiles an upstart talent agency for pooches popular on social media.
Brands like Purina and others will pay dogs’ owners top dollar for posting a snap of their shiba with a new type of treat, for example. Just how good is the money? “Industrious dogs with 150,000 to 250,000 Instagram followers can fetch more than $3,000 for a post,” writes the Journal.
For more, head over to The Wall Street Journal.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk