Instagram, as it turns out, is for the dogs.
That’s the takeaway from a fascinating story in The Wall Street Journal published Wednesday, which profiles an upstart talent agency for pooches popular on social media.
Brands like Purina and others will pay dogs’ owners top dollar for posting a snap of their shiba with a new type of treat, for example. Just how good is the money? “Industrious dogs with 150,000 to 250,000 Instagram followers can fetch more than $3,000 for a post,” writes the Journal.
For more, head over to The Wall Street Journal.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time