“You know me. I’m not one to be quiet about a magazine cover,” the Scandal actress began in an Instagram post on Tuesday, discussing the recent issue.
Washington said that it “felt strange” to see herself grace the cover, as it was “so different from what I look like when I look in the mirror” adding that it was “an unfortunate feeling.”
The 39-year-old star said that it isn’t the first time that she’s come across her image being altered. “Look, I’m no stranger to Photoshopping. It happens a lot. In a way, we have become a society of picture adjusters – who doesn’t love a filter?!?” she continued.
However, Washington explained that she was still “proud” of the article.
“I’m very proud of the article. There are a few things we discussed in the interview that were left out. Things that are important to me (like: the importance of strong professional support and my awesome professional team) and I’ve been thinking about how to discuss those things with anyone who is interested, in an alternate forum. But until then…Grab this week’s ADWEEK,” the actress wrote.
Adweek editorial director Jim Cooper responded to Washington’s comments on Twitter writing, “Happy @kerrywashington was proud of her Adweek profile, sad cover misses for her. Added volume to hair for dramatic effect. No disrespect.”
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working