Jade Lo is not your average eighth grader: The 13-year-old is an incredibly talented artist, recently winning a Scholastic Art & Writing Award.
So when TIME set out to put artists in virtual reality for the first time, Lo was a natural choice to be a part of the experiment. Above, watch Lo paint in Google’s Tilt Brush application, running on HTC’s Vive virtual reality headset.
To watch more artists have their first creative experiences in virtual reality, check out Virtual Reality Is for Artists.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization