The actress shut it down during Monday’s Tonight Show bit while promoting her latest movie The Boss, taking the expectations of celebrity lip sync appearances to the next level.
“I don’t get nervous a lot, I’m pretty freaked out about crushing you,” McCarthy, 45, said to host Jimmy Fallon before gracing the stage.
And that she did. Just a warning to future participants: using glitter and confetti only ups your game.
Fallon, 41, kicked off round 1 with his rendition of Melanie’s “Brand New Key” but it was McCarthy’s DMX’s “X Gon’ Give It To Ya” that left everyone speechless, even The Roots were blown away!
“So I’m obviously going to close with a Pocahontas song track,” she preluded.
The mother of two channeled Pocahontas (wind storm and all!) to belt out Alan Menken’s “Colors of the Wind” made famous by the 1995 Disney animated film, and had everyone in stitches.
The Boss hits theaters April 8.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time