Four men in Utah have been arrested for the rape and sodomy of a 9-year-old girl.
The girl and her mother were visiting friends for Easter weekend when the crime occurred, officials said. The mother reportedly went to the garage for half an hour to smoke meth, leaving her sleeping daughter on a couch. When she returned, the girl was visibly upset and had her dress “pulled up past her waist,” local CBS affiliate KUTV reports.
Uintah County Sheriff's Department/Reuters
Larson RonDeau, 36, Josiah RonDeau, 20, Jerry Flatlip, 29, and Randall Flatlip, 26, have all been charged with first degree felony rape and first degree felony sodomy on a child. The girl is in state custody, and it is not yet clear whether her mother will face any charges.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement