New York Sen. Chuck Schumer has called for an investigation into a new kind of gun that looks like a smartphone.
The gun, made by a company called Ideal Conceal and scheduled to debut in mid-2016. The company claims the 380-caliber double-barrel handgun can fold into the shape of a smartphone, the New York Daily News reports. Thousands of people have already pre-ordered the weapon, which costs $395.
“At first glance or even second glance it looks like an iPhone,” said Schumer, a longtime gun control advocate. “Take a closer look and you will see that it’s a real, deadly handgun.”
Schumer said the weapon’s ability to blend in suggests “It’s clearly being marketed for nefarious purposes,” asking, “Why would we want to make it easier for criminals or terrorists like those who attacked Paris and Brussels to wreak havoc?”
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism