A helicopter crashed near Sevierville, Tenn. on Monday afternoon.
The helicopter was reportedly taking several people on a tour around the area when it went down and was destroyed by fire. The aircraft was a Bell 206 sightseeing helicopter and it crashed around 3:30 p.m. local time, according to the FAA.
A local CBS affiliate has reported that the owner of the aircraft was Smoky Mountain Helicopters, which could not immediately be reached for comment. The National Transportation Safety Board said that it would investigate the crash.
Local officials and federal authorities have not yet confirmed the number of passengers or their conditions.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time