A group of customers chased an armed man out of a Waffle House in North Carolina early Saturday after the would-be robber brandished a rifle and demanded money, police said.
Authorities are still on the hunt for the suspect who fled the restaurant chain’s 24-hour Fayetteville location after trying to rob employees, the Associated Press reports. One customer confronted the man, who put up a fight, before several other patrons stepped in to help run the suspect out of the restaurant, according to the AP.
Police released a description of the suspect and asked for the public’s help in finding him.
No one was injured in the incident, Waffle House spokeswoman Kelly Thrasher-Bruner told the AP.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time