An RV park owner in Tupelo, Mississippi admits to putting out an interracial couple in late February because their relationship offended some community members.
Gene Baker, the park owner, says he evicted Erica Flores Dunahoo and Stanley Hoskins because “the neighbors were giving me such a problem,” according to USA Today. Dunahoo, who is Hispanic and Native American, and Hoskins, who is African-American, were looking for an RV space to rent for themselves and their two children.
The couple says things were fine until Baker realized that they were an interracial couple. Dunahoo says that she replied to Baker saying “My husband ain’t no thug. He’s a good man. My husband has served his country for 13 years. He’s a sergeant in the National Guard.”
That didn’t matter for Baker as he evicted the couple, who say they filed a complaint.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time