An American student traveling abroad has been found dead in eastern Siberia, according to Russian officials.
Colin Madsen, 25, was found by rescuers about a mile from the village where he had disappeared in the Buryatia region, according to ABC. A statement released by the local branch of Russia’s Investigative Committee did not indicate foul play.
Russian police, aided by friends, have been searching for Madsen since his dissapearance. Madsen, a Jefferson City, Missouri native, was studying at a nearby university in the city of Irkutsk. He disappeared a week ago on Sunday morning during a hiking trip with friends in the Sayan mountains.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer