Caitlyn Jenner will appear in the third season of Amazon’s Transparent, the creator of the comedy series said Saturday.
Jenner, whose E! documentary series I am Cait is in its second season, starts filming scenes next week, according to USA Today. Jill Soloway, the show’s creator and executive producer, announced the news at Saturday’s GLAAD Media Awards, calling Jenner’s involvement a “dream come true.”
“We are all part of the same community,” Soloway told the Associated Press, without providing further details about Jenner’s role. “A lot of the transwomen who work on our show are also in her show, I Am Cait. Lots of crossover. Lots of friends.”
In Transparent, actor Jeffrey Tambor comes out as a woman to her family as the transgender Maura Pfefferman.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org