Many sports pundits have weighed in with their March Madness predictions ahead of Saturday’s Final Four games, taking team talent and statistics into consideration. But why look at numbers when, time and time again, animals have proven to have an uncanny—and unexplainable—athletic intuition?
Jimmy Fallon brought an esteemed panel of puppies with very human names onto The Tonight Show on Friday and allowed them to pick the national championship winner, using bowls filled with dog food and labeled with the names of the competing schools.
“We have a winner. North Carolina will be crowned the 2016 national champs,” Fallon says, after the most puppies appear to crowd around the Carolina blue bowl. “You heard it here first.”
Fallon’s group of puppies, it should be noted, accurately predicted a Denver Broncos victory ahead of this year’s Super Bowl.
Oklahoma and Villanova will face off Saturday night, followed by a matchup between North Carolina and Syracuse. The winners will advance to Monday’s championship game.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time