A Los Angeles man has been charged with murdering his son for being gay, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said Friday.
Shehada Khalil Issa, 69, was arrested Tuesday after police responding to 911 calls at the family’s home discovered the body of Issa’s wife and his 29-year-old son, Amir Issa.
The felony complaint includes a special allegation that Issa “personally and intentionally” shot his son “because of his sexual orientation.”
It is “alleged that the murder was committed because of the victim’s sexual orientation and because of the defendant’s perception of that status and the victims’ association with a person. . .
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time