Have you fallen into a vicious cycle of waking up late, taking entirely too long to get dressed and ultimately arriving at your office way after your colleagues? Make this bad habit the exception, not the rule, and get control of your routine with a few simple time-saving tips. We promise, being prompt—for both professional and personal engagements—will make your life easier 100% of the time. Here, hacks for keeping your schedule running like clockwork.
1. Pre-Plan Your Outfit
Pick your outfit the night before so you don’t waste five minutes staring into your closet or trying on multiple combinations. Be sure to have a stable of foolproof ensembles ready for days when you’re in a massive hurry.
The Zoe Report: 7 Natural Ways To Get Better Sleep
2. Stash Purse Essentials In A Pouch
If you tend to change handbags frequently, keep the contents of your purse in a removable pouch so you can transfer essentials quickly and efficiently without accidentally forgetting your keys, or worse, your phone.
3. Prioritize Your Work-Appropriate Footwear
Organize office-friendly shoes in one area of your closet so you aren’t climbing over piles of date-night stilettos to find them.
4. Keep Everyday Jewelry Handy
Designate a small tray or jewelry box for everyday essentials like earrings, bracelets and watches, and put it in an easy-access spot (on your bathroom counter, a vanity, etc.). Remember never to store a necklace without closing the clasp first; otherwise, you’ll waste unnecessary time trying to untangle it.
The Zoe Report: How To (Effectively) Work Out If You Only Have 20 Minutes
5. Iron Everything On The Weekend
Steam and iron your blouses and dresses in advance so they are prepped and ready (and pass the time by listening to a podcast). If you do your laundry on weekends, set aside 15 minutes to press everything at once so you can be wrinkle-free for the entire week.
6. Style Your Hair Overnight
Prep your hair before you go to bed, whether it’s by sleeping in braids to create ’70s waves or simply applying dry shampoo to absorb extra oil. This step will save you precious time when you’re rushing out the door.
The Zoe Report: How To Spring Clean Toxic Things From Your Life
7. Brew Your Coffee At Home
Make coffee at home to avoid a latte line moving at a glacial pace. Also, fix your breakfast the night before—we love this chia seed recipe—so you can just grab it and go.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer