In 1998 the world was introduced to Harry Potter. Since then, The Boy Who Lived has spawned seven books, eight movies, clothes, toys, real-life Quidditch teams, and a theme park. This week, Universal opens the updated Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood.
The Harry Potter brand is worth $25 billion. The movies grossed $7.7 billion worldwide and the books have made just as much. J.K. Rowling has been named the world’s richest author, with a net worth of $1 billion.
Universal has spent over $400 million renovating the Harry Potter theme park. If you should go, expect to drop around $50 on a wand. And don’t forget to sample the Butterbeer, which will cost you at least $3.25.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption