Bernie Sanders just broke his monthly fundraising record, raking in more than $44 million in donations in March.
According to a press release from the campaign, the new March total breaks Sanders’ previous record total in February, which was $43.5 million. The Vermont Senator’s total for the first quarter of 2016 is now $109 million. His campaign has received 6.5 million contributions from 2 million donors.
Sanders out-raised rival and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in both January and February. She has not yet made her March fundraising totals public.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving