A British delivery driver with links to a suspected ISIS militant was convicted Friday of plotting a “terrorist” attack against U.S. military personnel based in England.
Junead Khan, 25, planned to stage a road accident with American soldiers before attacking them with knives and potentially detonating a bomb, Britain’s Metropolitan Police said after the verdict.
Junead Khan’s uncle, 23-year-old Shazib Khan, was also found guilty of planning to travel to Syria to fight alongside ISIS, according to the police statement.
The pair, both from Luton, north of London, were arrested in July last year and convicted on Friday…
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma