A British delivery driver with links to a suspected ISIS militant was convicted Friday of plotting a “terrorist” attack against U.S. military personnel based in England.
Junead Khan, 25, planned to stage a road accident with American soldiers before attacking them with knives and potentially detonating a bomb, Britain’s Metropolitan Police said after the verdict.
Junead Khan’s uncle, 23-year-old Shazib Khan, was also found guilty of planning to travel to Syria to fight alongside ISIS, according to the police statement.
The pair, both from Luton, north of London, were arrested in July last year and convicted on Friday…
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body