A Georgia man died after an apparent BASE jump attempt off a television tower in Georgia on Thursday, authorities said. The man, identified as Brandon Jackson, 37, jumped off of a 2,000-ft. tower and was found dead about 800 to 1,000 yards away.
Jackson was with Miles Daisher, a professional parachutist from Idaho who is sponsored by Red Bull, and Tom Baker, though they stayed on the ground while he jumped. Red Bull has said Thursday’s jump was not in any way related to their company. Jackson, WCTV reports, is a retired U.S. Army Master Sergeant.
Daisher and Baker have been arrested for criminal trespassing, according to WCTV.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving