When in New York, there’s only one way to eat a pizza and it doesn’t involve a fork, as Republican presidential candidate John Kasich learned this week when he was caught with the offending utensil.
Thankfully he quickly shifted gears, as Reuters‘ Shannon Stapleton caught in her photograph, which TIME selected as one of the most surprising political pictures of the week.
——TIME’s selection of the Surprising Political Photographs of the Week is published every Thursday.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization