Correction appended, April 1
Rand Paul trolled the political world by teasing a prank Donald Trump endorsement for April Fools’ Day.
The Kentucky Senator and former presidential candidate tweeted Thursday that he would be making an endorsement Friday. And in follow-up tweets, he hinted at who that would be, typing out phrases that sound distinctly Trumpian:
But Paul confirmed Friday that it was all an April Fool’s Prank, saying that endorsing Trump would be like “endorsing entropy”:
Correction: A photo caption in an earlier version of this story incorrectly referred to Rand Paul. He is a Senator from Kentucky.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy