According to the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office, 60-year-old Victoria Reid forced her husband to sit on the couch while she threatened to maim him, kill him, and give him post-traumatic stress disorder — a condition she also suffers from — to punish him for supposedly cheating on her. The bullet she eventually fired struck him in the knee before traveling up his leg and lodging in his testicle, authorities said.
Reid was arrested Wednesday on charges of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault. Her husband’s condition is not known.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time