According to the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office, 60-year-old Victoria Reid forced her husband to sit on the couch while she threatened to maim him, kill him, and give him post-traumatic stress disorder — a condition she also suffers from — to punish him for supposedly cheating on her. The bullet she eventually fired struck him in the knee before traveling up his leg and lodging in his testicle, authorities said.
Reid was arrested Wednesday on charges of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault. Her husband’s condition is not known.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science