According to the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office, 60-year-old Victoria Reid forced her husband to sit on the couch while she threatened to maim him, kill him, and give him post-traumatic stress disorder — a condition she also suffers from — to punish him for supposedly cheating on her. The bullet she eventually fired struck him in the knee before traveling up his leg and lodging in his testicle, authorities said.
Reid was arrested Wednesday on charges of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault. Her husband’s condition is not known.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms