If it seems like everyone has seen John Oliver’s segment about Donald Trump on Last Week Tonight, it turns out that’s not so far from the truth.
A record number of people watched Oliver urge people to “make Donald Drumpf again.” “Drumpf” refers the the Trump family’s ancestral name. The clip has racked up 23.3 Youtube views and 62 million views on Facebook for a total of 85 million video views, CNN reports.
“This is a record for any piece of HBO content,” said an HBO spokesperson. The roughly 20-minute segment also accrued 6 million television views, which HBO determines using live and DVR viewership, among other measures.
Oliver had tried to ignore Trump, he said during the clip, as he knew the Republican frontrunner loved the attention. But giving in to political reality paid off for Oliver. His second most popular segment is about FIFA, and barely touched the Drumpf record with 12.5 million views.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.