Amid his controversial comments about abortion, Donald Trump is trying to change the conversation.
On Wednesday evening Trump’s campaign quietly published a letter from Trump’s tax counsel regarding the state of his tax returns, a subject he previously bristled at when asked about by reporters.
The letter bolsters claims made by Trump that he is continuously audited by the IRS due to the complexity and breadth of his returns.
“Your personal tax returns have been under continuous examination by the Internal Revenue Service since 2002, consistent with the IRS’ practice for large and complex businesses,” the letter reads…
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022