Amid his controversial comments about abortion, Donald Trump is trying to change the conversation.
On Wednesday evening Trump’s campaign quietly published a letter from Trump’s tax counsel regarding the state of his tax returns, a subject he previously bristled at when asked about by reporters.
The letter bolsters claims made by Trump that he is continuously audited by the IRS due to the complexity and breadth of his returns.
“Your personal tax returns have been under continuous examination by the Internal Revenue Service since 2002, consistent with the IRS’ practice for large and complex businesses,” the letter reads…
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow