Batman’s greatest strength is that he’s always one step ahead, and it looks like the latest actor to play him has taken that lesson to heart.
Batman v Superman star Ben Affleck has already written a script for a standalone movie about the Dark Knight, according to William Morris Endeavor co-CEO Patrick Whitesell, whose agency represents Affleck.
Speaking to the Hollywood Reporter about how many movies Affleck has signed on for as Batman, he said, “He’s contracted to do at least Justice League [Part] One and Two, so at least three times wearing the cape.” Whitesell added, “There’s a script that he’s written that is a really cool [Batman] idea, so that’s out there as an option.”
Affleck was first linked to a standalone Batman movie as star, director, and co-writer (with Geoff Johns) last summer, and Whitesell’s remarks indicate the project has progressed since then. Affleck recently told EW the movie is “in development” but said he’s currently focused on finishing his adaptation of the Dennis Lehane thriller Live By Night.
“I tend to be a one-movie-at-a-time guy,” Affleck said. “So, when I’m finished with this movie, I’ll then focus on my next movie and figure out what that will be.”
Affleck is also set to make a Batman cameo in the all-star supervillain caper Suicide Squad, opening Aug. 5.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com