It’s a big year for ’80s sneakers. After the excitement over Nike’s announcement that it will sell the self-lacing shoes from Back to the Future Part II, Reebok has announced that it’s going to release the shoes that Sigourney Weaver’s heroine Ripley wore in Aliens. The red, white and gray high-tops go on sale April 26 on Reebok’s website and at select physical stores.
The release is part of the promotion for “Alien Day,” a commercial celebration of the Alien franchise that movie studio Fox is trying to make similar to Star Wars Day and Back to the Future Day. Here’s hoping we get Kyle Reese’s Nike Vandals from the original Terminator next.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma