It’s a big year for ’80s sneakers. After the excitement over Nike’s announcement that it will sell the self-lacing shoes from Back to the Future Part II, Reebok has announced that it’s going to release the shoes that Sigourney Weaver’s heroine Ripley wore in Aliens. The red, white and gray high-tops go on sale April 26 on Reebok’s website and at select physical stores.
The release is part of the promotion for “Alien Day,” a commercial celebration of the Alien franchise that movie studio Fox is trying to make similar to Star Wars Day and Back to the Future Day. Here’s hoping we get Kyle Reese’s Nike Vandals from the original Terminator next.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears